Technical Director (Part-time)
Male and Female (2 Positions)
The St Albert Soccer Association is a non-profit, youth soccer club, overseen by a volunteer board, and run by staff. We currently offer recreational and competitive soccer programs to close to 6,000 players year-round. We are proud to offer programs for youth and adults of all ages and look forward to adding two Technical Directors to our staff.
The Technical Director(s) will be accountable as leads for all coaching development, as well as providing guidance and leadership to the competitive programs. They will also be responsible for assisting in developing and maintaining the technical budget. They will represent SASA at required events and competitions and will support the Club and programs accordingly.
The Technical Director(s) will report to the Executive Director.
• Play a key role in developing the technical direction of the club, including implementation of curriculum, as well as provide consistent direction to Impact teams of gender identified.
• Coach recruitment/development for these genders would also be a requirement.
• Communication between the two positions would be a key aspect in ensuring messages are consistent going out to teams they are responsible for.
• Guidance for player development and professional development is also a key aspect of this position in ensuring we develop and support our Club Program Head Coach as well.
• A defined monthly amount of on-field time (approximately 6-8 hours) working with coaches, either via training and/or matches, will be required.
• Minimum National B license or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience in a youth soccer environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Experience with program development, as well as the ability to work with volunteers.
• Proficiency in computer applications. Word, Excel, etc.
• Must provide a clear criminal record and vulnerable sector search.
This is a salary position that is based on 6-8 hours on the field per month, with light office and off-field duties as required. Salary to commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume, along with a cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org as this will be posted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.