Each season (Outdoor and Indoor), our Grassroots Head Coach and SASA staff put on a Pre-Season orientation mid-April (Outdoor) and mid-October (Indoor) for all returning and new coaches in our Community programs.
The orientation includes a portion dedicated to:
- Administration of a team, i.e. rules and guidelines, game sheets
- On-field skills and drills session, providing tips and ideas for the entire season
- Equipment pick-up
- Team Snap Orientation (pdf)
Coaches will also receive access to "The Locker Room" on our website. This tool will include weekly warm-ups, small sided games, and discipline-specific training in easy to follow modules.
Coaches looking for help during the season - please contact our Grassroots Head Coach email@example.com who will be more than happy to aid and/or mentor as the need arises.
SASA encourages all coaches to take the NCCP Coach Certification Courses.
NCCP Coaching Courses
MAKE A DIFFERENCE - TAKE A COURSE!
NCCP Coach Certification Courses follow Canada Soccer's (CSA) LTPD Model (Long Term Player Development) which SASA strongly supports. The courses are interesting, informative, and worth attending. If you enjoy coaching, consider taking one or more of these courses. Take all four and complete your Community Coach License.
Pre-registration required for all Courses at the Alberta Soccer Association website, Please click here for instructions.
- The course is comprised of classroom time as well as on the field. The course involves both classroom and field activity. Participants should come prepared and ready to participate in physical activity indoors. You can bring a bagged lunch or visit a local restaurant.
- Course content questions should be sent to SASA’s Grassroots Head Coach - Alesha Weicker-Pasternak
CSA has provided the following guides to help with LTPD by providing coaches with ideas and tips.
U4, U5 & U6 Guide - CSA Active Start
U7 Guide - CSA FUNdamentals
U9 & U11 Guide - CSA Learning to Train
U13 - U19 Guide - CSA Soccer for Life
Location of Courses:
Player Development Centre; 19 Renault Cres. T8N 4B7
Active Start - April 24: 1800-2200 click here
Fundamental Festival - TBD
Learning to Train - April 13 & 14: 9:00-17:00 click here
Soccer for Life - April 26: 18-2100, April 27: 13-1700, April 27: 09-1700 click here
- Courses are also available at other location on different days to accommodate most schedules. If you find a course you'd like to take, SASA will reimburse registration fees upon completion of the course. Just bring us the receipt along with your certification number.
Please be aware - ASA Provincials require head coaches to be certified in their age group.