SASA's Skills Development Training
Our goal is to push the individual athlete to develop their skills. Through the use of stations, our program rotates players through a variety of activities focusing on the development of the individual's fundamental skills required to play the game.
The players are organized into groups which take into consideration a player's age, abilities, and social-emotional developments.
For SASA Community Registrants ONLY!
This program is exclusive for members registered in a current program.
Separate registration is required.
Pre-Season Skills Development Training
Next Training Program Starts In
Skills Development Program Dates & General Information
Pre-Season Skills Development
|Year of Birth||Times||Dates|
|2011 & 2012||17:30 – 18:30||April 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30|
|2009 & 2010||18:30 – 19:30||April 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30|
- Designed for players registered in Outdoor 2020 programs who want to keep their skills sharp and get a jump start on the Outdoor season.
- All sessions will take place at SASA's Player Development Centre, 19 Renault Cres.
- All players must wear clean outdoor cleats (or running shoes, indoor shoes), shin guards, soccer socks and shorts. A training shirt will be given to each player at the beginning of the sessions.
- Cost: $85.00 - click here to register
In-Season Skills Development
U9 - U11
|Year of Birth||Times||Dates|
|2009 - 2012||19:15 – 20:15||May 1, 8, 22, 29, June 5, 12|
|Keeper||19:15 - 20:15||May 1, 8, 22, 29, June 5, 12|
- All sessions will take place at Riel Outdoor Grass Fields (61 Riel Drive)
- All players must wear Outdoor Cleats, or Running Shoes, shin guards, soccer socks and shorts. A training shirt will be given to each player at the beginning of the sessions
- Cost $80.00 - click here to register
Outdoor Summer Camps
U5 - U13
St. Albert Soccer offers two camps during the summer months for Community players (2007 – 2015) to enhance a player’s soccer experience. The camps will focus on fundamental skill and technique development in a fun and challenging environment.
Our certified coaches provide the players 12 hours of age-appropriate instruction with a minimum coach to player ratio of 1:10.
Registration will open May 15, 2020.
For additional information please contact our Grassroots Head Coach, Alesha Weicker-Pasternak by email or by phone 458-8973 ext 121.
Sharp Shooters & Shot Stoppers Training
Sharp Shooters Training
The most difficult part of a game is scoring goals, however, our highly skills Sharp Shooters instructors know exactly what it takes to put the ball in the back of the net.
Sessions are designed around various specialty skills associated with scoring goals in and around the net.
Players will be coached through a variety of in game scenarios ranging from individual shooting activities all the way up to 3v3 activities.
Our sessions will focus around the key elements in scoring goals.
- How to strike a soccer ball
- Balance and Coordination associated with striking the ball
- The types of visual cues to look for attacking
- The confidence to take players on 1v1 to create goal scoring opportunities.
- Decision making abilities of the players with and without the ball.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)