Players born 2002 & 2003
Gameday - Sundays in Edmonton, Spruce Grove & Sherwood Park facilities
Practices - Tentatively 10 practices will be assigned on a weeknight TBD at age-appropriate times. Practices take place in St. Albert Servus Place.
- Teams play in EMSA (Edmonton Minor Soccer Association) Citywide league.
- Players must also register in the EMSA Portal to be placed on a roster
- Mandatory SASA ID card Players, Coaches, and Managers require prior to the first game
- Referee Liaison program is mandatory – info on “FAQ’s” page
- Additional Keeper Training available. Separate registration required. (**Subject to change based on availability)
- Teams are eligible to attend tournaments, however, this is an additional cost to the team
Focus on Fun and Player Development
The emphasis at U19 should be on the development of basic technical skills through practices that promote an understanding of the team game. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable, competitive and fair environment in which every player has the opportunity to learn and grow. All players should have relatively equal playing time.
Program Structure - Boarded Arena Style (full field)
- Game Length: 50 minutes with 5 minute half time
- Game Format: 6 vs 6 including keeper
- Full FIFA rules
- Assigned Certified Referees
EMSA Citywide League Format (U13 to U19):
- We are looking to form cohorts with 4 teams with a maximum of 12 players on each team…. To keep us below the 50 maximum cohort set out by Alberta Health (If AHS increases the Sport Cohort number, we can have more players per team or increase the number of teams)
- The leagues will be round robin formats and we will re-seed the cohort teams after a two-week break (quarantine), so teams will get an opportunity to play others, not just the same 3 teams. We will look at Natural breaks such as December to re-seed.
- Dressing rooms will be available to teams but would encourage players to come dressed for the game.
- Teams to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to kickoff and to leave right after the game to avoid unnecessary contact in the halls and areas.
- All participants including adults who will be entering the buildings will need to register with facilities and sign waivers online (https://www.esaf.ca/index.php/covid-19/self-declaration) (https://www.esaf.ca/images/waiver%20minor18-19.pdf) (https://esaf.ca/images/waiver%20adult19-20.pdf) , and pre-register for contact tracing (https://www.esaf.ca/index.php/covid-19/contact-tracing) - grandparents, cousins or anyone who will be entering the building will need to do this.
- All persons entering the building will need to be wearing a mask regardless if they are players or coaches, according to level two of the Edmonton Facilities mandate (https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/emergency_preparedness/masks.aspx)
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all areas in the building
- Tournaments may not be able to organize due to the two-week quarantine period needed to re-cohort the groups. If AHS increase the cohort number from 50-100 things could change.
- Trialists or Guest players will not be accepted due to the Cohort restrictions
- All parents, players, organization will need to be ready to discontinue the program if Alberta Health Services cancels the Cohort system.
- Every team must have a COVID Contact Person that will be responsible to contact the EMSA office for any reports of possible COVID exposure and follow all protocols from AHS.
Volunteer coaches required to run this program. Click here for more information
Without volunteer coaches.....we're unable to field teams
no matter how many children register
Important Dates - 2020
- Registration September 1 - 20, 2020
- Earlybird rates until September 15
- The EMSA season will run October 17 - late February
- Registration is on a first come first served basis
Players are not considered registered without payment
- EMSA teams (U13 - U19) - Coaches, Managers & Players
- Players are required to have their own shin pads, shorts, and labeled water bottle
- Jerseys, shorts & socks will be supplied by SASA for the player’s to keep